Wall Paint Color: Benjamin Moore Revere Pewter HC-172
Wall Paint Color: Benjamin Moore Chantilly Lace 2121-70
For more grey ideas have a look at my mood board post here: Grey Bathroom Ideas and Design Styles.
Wall Paint Color: Benjamin Moore Summer Shower 2135-60
Wall Paint Color: Benjamin Moore Evening Dove 2128-30
Wall Paint Color: Benjamin Moore Rosemary Green 2029-30
Wall Paint Color: Benjamin Moore How Blue Am I? 752
Wall Paint Color: Benjamin Moore Rich Cream 2153-60
Wall Paint Color: Benjamin Moore November Rain OC-50
When it comes to bathroom color ideas you need to remember that a color scheme is made up of more than just the wall colors. If you look at the pictures above, the color combinations are made up of the wall color and the main focal pieces in the bathroom: cabinets, countertops, flooring, shower curtains, the bath and shower. Below I’ll go over design tips on how to create a well defined color palette for your bathroom.
3 Bathroom Paint Ideas for the Walls
Neutral shades like a warm tan, white, and light grey are popular bathroom color schemes. If you want to use a bold color like purple, here are 3 design options on how to decorate the bathroom:
1) Paint all of the walls in the color you want.
2) Paint one wall in the color of your choice (purple, red, blue, etc). This will be your feature wall. In the bathroom this is usually the wall that is against the sink. The rest of the walls are painted in a neutral color like white, grey, cream, tan. This way, you get that color but it is not as overwhelming compared to having all of the walls painted in the color.
3) The last option is to create a blank canvas. Paint the walls in a neutral color – then decorate the bathroom in the color scheme you want. Say it is blue – then use a blue shower curtain, a blue mirror frame, blue towels. You still create that blue color scheme, but you leave out the walls.
- Color Guide: Purple Bathroom Designs and Ideas
- Grey Bathroom Ideas and Design Styles
- Makeover Guide: Blue Bathroom Ideas
- Luxury With Color: Black Bathroom Ideas
- The Classic Look: Black and White Bathroom Decor Ideas
- Color Style Guide: Red Bathroom Ideas and Decor Accessories
- Color Style Guide: All White Bathroom Ideas
- Kids Bathroom Decor and Design Ideas
Divide and Conquer
For a more refined bathroom design, break up a solid painted wall by using a wainscot, beadboard, or tile divider. Just like the bathrooms in pictures (1) (3) (7) (8) and (9). This will also help small bathrooms feel larger.
Another tip for small bathrooms is to use light colors – on the walls and for the focal pieces. Bathrooms in pictures (2) (3) (7) and (9) are the best examples of color palettes to use.
Remodelling or Working With What You’ve Got
The items that take up the most space in the bathroom, the focal pieces, will play a big role in the style, design, and color scheme of the room. Take a look around your bathroom and see what the main pieces are – the cabinets, the countertops, the mirror, the shower curtain.
You will either have to remodel the bathroom to suit the color palette you choose. Or you’ll need to use a color palette that suits your current bathroom style.
Say you want a red color scheme for your bathroom. But you have blue floor tiles. This will clash. You will either have to re-floor the bathroom or work with what you have – go with blue or neutral colored walls to collaborate with the floor color.
Test Bathroom Colors
Check out the bathrooms in picture (1) and (9). According to the designers they both use the same paint color on the walls: Benjamin Moore Revere Pewter HC-172. This is why you can’t solely rely on online pictures. The lighting in the bathrooms can make the paint color look different, the camera settings and computer screens can also alter colors in photographs. Because of this you need to go out and get samples and see how they will look in your own bathroom. 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9
More bathroom mood board posts:
- Shabby Chic Bathroom Decor and Design Ideas
- Bathroom Mood Board Collection Page
- Simple Bathroom Decor Ideas To Transform and Style Your Space
- The Upgrade: Top 8 Bathroom Remodeling Ideas and Design Tips