Everything comes into play when choosing the color scheme for a kitchen. In the pictures above you can see that the color palettes are made up of the main features in the kitchen: from the wall colors and floors, to the cabinets, countertops and decor pieces. So when you are looking at paint color ideas, you’ll have take note of the other colors that are already in your kitchen.
White is always a great color to paint the walls. This creates a blank canvas to decorate the kitchen with more colorful pieces like a blue kitchen island table, colorful light fixtures or cabinets. Other popular kitchen wall colors include: light grey, cream, and light green. One thing to note is that bright warm paint colors will make the space feel larger, while darker colors will make it feel cozier and smaller.
- For a collection of black and white kitchen designs have a look at our post here.
- If you like a darker look, then check out my black kitchen designs post
- You can find blue design ideas here.
- Red design ideas here.
- Purple kitchen design ideas here.
- For white kitchens look here.
- And grey ideas here.
- Design Notes on Kitchen Wallpaper Ideas
- Textured Wall Painting Ideas: From Faux Wood to Linen Effects
- Tuscan Kitchen Decor Ideas Mood Board
- French Kitchen Decor and Designs Mood Board