You don’t even need to buy a new table to create a vintage looking one in your kitchen. You can simply cover your existing table with a vintage style tablecloth. In this post you can find a list of vintage kitchen table ideas, from using tablecloths to different table designs.
And for ideas on what to use as a centerpiece, have a look at my post here: Table Decor: Vintage Centerpiece Ideas.
Cover Your Existing Table
- Stitch doilies onto an off white cotton table cloth to give it a little vintage style, just like the table in picture (1)
- Lace is another tablecloth idea that will transform a kitchen table into a vintage looking one (2)
- Or a vintage style tablecloth, like the one in picture (3) can be used to cover your existing table. You can get one in the Amazon window below.
- If you have a small kitchen, then opt for a round wooden one, that has tapered legs. You can buy the one in picture (4) from Urban Outfitters.
- If you do have space in your kitchen, then how about the kitchen table in picture (5). All you need to recreate this look is a wooden table, and white paint to paint everything but the tops. A classic look. Or you can buy a set already looking like this in the Amazon window above.
- You can white wash a wooden table for a more shabby chic look. This is when you mix white paint with water and paint over furniture. It gives the furniture a light covering of paint, just like the table in picture (6).
- A farmhouse style table is another way to go. The kitchen in picture (7) has a table with chipped white paint, and uses a bench instead of individual chairs.
- If you can find some reclaimed planks of wood, these can be used to replace the top of your existing table (8).
- If you want to add more color to your kitchen, then use light pastel colors to paint a wooden table. Paint colors such as mint, baby blue, or a really pale yellow would work well for a vintage kitchen. The table in picture (9) is quite bright, and has the chipped look effect for a more shabby chic look.
- And for a more retro look, check out the vintage formica kitchen table in picture (10). You can find one of these metal tables in the Amazon window above.
Have a look at these posts for more ideas on creating a vintage kitchen:
- Vintage Kitchen Lighting Ideas: From School House Lights to Chandeliers
- Vintage Kitchen Storage Ideas: From Milk Baskets to Wicker Baskets
- Vintage Kitchen Design, Accessories, and Decor Ideas
- All of my Vintage mood board posts