The first question that you’ll want to ask yourself when creating a red kitchen design is “how much red?”. You can see in the mood board above that each kitchen has a different amount of red infused into the design. The red kitchen decor ideas in this post will help you transform your space.
How Much Red?
Just by having red cabinets you can create a red color palette for your kitchen. Have a look at the kitchen in picture (1). Everything else can be a different color (the countertop, the backsplash), and you’ll still have a red color scheme.
Or another option can be seen in picture (2) where just the backsplash is red, and everything else is a neutral color such as white.
Even just by having a completely neutral color palette for the whole kitchen (using either white, off white, or grey), you can have just one red piece in the room and you’ve styled the space red. This could be a red backsplash, or a red fridge (5). Your whole kitchen could be white, and then have a red kitchen door.
Red Kitchen Decor and Accent Pieces
Here are some ways to style a kitchen in red:
- Give your cabinet doors a red make over (DIY Challenge: Give Your Closet Doors a Makeover)
- Hang up some red curtains. Or if you have red walls, and want to break up all of that red then use another color, such as white or grey.
- If you have a kitchen table in your space, this can be turned red. Either by painting it or by using a red tablecloth.
- And you can always spice up your walls by adding some layers or textures to it. How about using wainscoting, this can be painted over red to match the walls (The Finishing Touch: Wainscoting Ideas and Designs). Or how about using a red wallpaper with a subtle pattern or design. Another option is to create an elegant design using paint – a brush can create a linen effect, while a sponge can create a marble look (Textured Painting Ideas). Then there is always the option of going with red tiles.
Here are some other kitchen posts for more ideas:
- A Palette Guide For Kitchen Color Schemes: Decor and Paint Ideas
- 21 Kitchen Backsplash Ideas and Design Tips || The Ultimate Creative Guide
- Kitchen Storage Ideas and Organization Tips | Part 1
- Search all of my kitchen posts for more ideas