Here is a quick list of creative and unique (some DIY) indoor firewood storage ideas:
- A recess wall can have firewood stacked inside of it. Or how about stacking firewood inside of a built in shelf just like in picture (3).
- If you don’t have too much firewood to store, then get yourself a decorative bucket – such as a copper, galvanized, or brass one.
- Use a wooden crate. Put it on its side to make storing and retrieving the firewood easier, just like in picture (2)
- If you want to keep your firewood out of sight, then a wicker hamper would work best
- All you need to store and stack firewood are two sidewalls. See if you can get some open shelving, an open media console (6), or an open side table. IKEAS EXPEDIT and KALLAX units are open shelves that can have firewood stacked inside of them.
- The firewood rack in picture (5) was made using 2 cinderblocks and some 2×4
- And the rack in picture (4) was simply made out of metal plumbing pipes and connectors, all screwed to a wooden base – you can see the DIY tutorial here.
Here are some other storage and DIY posts:
- Vintage Storage and Organization Ideas
- Creative Living Room Storage Ideas
- Budget Friendly, Clever and Creative Storage Ideas: From Lazy Susan Towers to Room Dividers
- Farmhouse Storage and Organization Ideas
- Search all of my storage posts for more ideas