So you want to go with a white bathroom design? This means having all of your walls in white. This post is going to be about creating a balance in your white bathroom by infusing subtle shades of light grey or another color. For ideas on how to create a black and white bathroom design, check out my post here: The Classic Look: Black and White Bathroom Decor Ideas [coming soon].
If you want to go with a completely all white bathroom, like the ones in pictures (5) and (6), then you are set to go. Have a look at my bathroom page for a collection of posts to get ideas for the different areas of your bathroom (lighting, decor, vanitieis, etc.).
Here are some ideas on how to break up all of that white in an all white bathroom.
White walls are the way to go. But if you want to add some style to these flat surfaces, here are some ways to do it:
- Add decorative crown molding
- Wainscoting is another idea. Have the wainscoting go up high, and paint the walls a light grey or off white color. Or you could just leave both the wainscoting and the walls white (The Finishing Touch: Wainscoting Ideas and Designs)
- Use white Anaglypta wallpaper – just like in picture (4) that you can get here. This is a 3D patterned wallpaper that you can paint over, or leave white.
Try to stick to a light colored bathroom floor to keep the bright and spacious feeling of a white bathroom. Have a look at the bathroom in picture (2) that uses the light grey tiles, and a white border. Or how about the bathroom in picture (1) that uses marble white bathroom tiles for the floor which adds in a little bit of grey into the overall color scheme.
Pops of Color
Here are some ideas on how to add some color or other tones into a white bathroom:
- Take a page out of Scandinavian design, which uses a white base. They add neutral colors to the design – such as grey or black. And they add warmth through the use of natural materials, which brings in other tones to the space.
- Add in some wooden features to the bathroom to bring in some earthly brown tones – use a teak shower mat, a wooden counter, or a wooden vanity mirror frame.
- Bring in some greenery into the bathroom with some plants
- If you want to add a pop of color (red, blue, orange), then how about hanging up some colorful towels or curtains. How about using a colorful vanity backsplash, or painting the bathroom door a pop of color. An area rug, shower curtain, and mirror frame are other ways to add in some color to a white bathroom.
Here are some other bathroom posts to get ideas from:
- The Upgrade: Top 8 Bathroom Remodeling Ideas and Design Tips
- Grey Bathroom Ideas and Design Ideas
- Search all of my bathroom posts for more ideas