An hour and a half drive outside of Melbourne, Australia, sits an 1860’s miners cottage called the Vintage House Daylesford. Surrounded by willow, pine, and fruit trees, sitting on an acre of land, you can rent this vintage wonderland for a holiday getaway.
What makes the house so appealing is the collection of authentic antique, vintage, and industrial furniture pieces, brought in from the US, UK, and France. Here are some of the highlights:
- The living room features original leather Chesterfield couches
- There is also an 1800’s cast iron fire place from France
- The dining table is an old 1700’s post office table from England. This is accompanied by a leather Chesterfield banquette booth
- Also in the kitchen is a 1920’s gas Chambers oven from the US
- An antique US garage sign hangs in the White Room bedroom
Kali Cavanagh did the interior design, styling, and custom furniture for this 2 bedroom house with a separate garden studio. For more information, or to book the house, visit Vintage House Daylesford.
More vintage tours and posts: