In this post I go over how home office organization ideas and storage solutions that not only make the most effective use of your space, but also decorate and style your home office at the same time.
Storing in Style
If you pick good looking storage pieces, these will also act as decor pieces in the home office. For example: use a set of matching wicker baskets on a shelf. Here are some other decorative storage ideas:
- A wooden trunk
- A wicker hamper
- Wire baskets
- Glass jars
- A copper bucket (this can be used to store magazines, or used as a trash can)
- Use wooden trays to group clutter items together
What these home office storage solutions and items have in common is that they are made of natural and premium materials. Get good looking pieces, and they will style the room.
But if you want a more minimalist home office style, then you’ll want to try and hide everything away when it is not in use. Just like the printer and stationary that is tucked away in a cabinet in picture (6). Or how about creating a DIY room divider (Ideas Mood Board: DIY Room Dividers).
- Hidden Storage Ideas: James Bond and Home Decor
- How To Make Your Router Disappear: 6 Inventive and Creative Ideas on How To Hide A Router and Modem
Some other decorative storage and organization tips include:
- Using a decorative frame to frame a row of hooks, frame a shelf, or frame a cork bulletin board.
- You could always give your closet or storage cabinet doors a makeover to fit the style of your new home office (DIY Challenge: Give Your Closet Doors a Makeover – Ideas and Design Tips).
- And here are some ideas on how to hide your cables: Creative Ideas: How To Hide Wires and Cords
Make The Best Use of Your Space
Try and use your walls as much as possible. Stack them up with shelves to get more wall storage – or use a pegboard. Or the best option is built in units since these are custom built for your room – making the most effective use of the space.
Some creative ideas to get more storage space include:
- Use an over the door storage unit. This can be used for the door to your home office, or for any closet doors you have.
- Put up a shelf over the door
- Create a corner shelf (Corner Shelving Ideas: Creative Ways of Adding Corner Shelves).
- Hang up a pegboard for your own customizable wall storage area
Here are some other posts to get storage ideas from:
- Budget Friendly, Clever And Creative Storage Ideas: From Lazy Susan Towers to Room Dividers
- Vintage Storage and Organization Ideas
- Search all of my storage posts for more ideas
- Search all of my home office posts for more ideas